For me, the hugest pain of moving is not attaining boxes and packing all of my worldly possessions, but more so packing delicate items, specifically dishware; those china plates are fragile and will break easily. In order to protect your fragile items, I would suggest:
- Individually wrapping each plate like a present with a thick layer of bubble wrap
- Lining your boxes with a towel or a soft material to cushion your items
- If you do not have a soft towel or soft material, try using wads of crumbled newspaper instead
- Always place cups and glasses rim down
- When wrapping glasses, do not only wrap the outside of the glass but the interior as well; you want full protection
- Place dishes on their side and place smaller items inside of larger items for more storage space within your box
- Make sure your box is packed evenly and tightly, i.e. no large unfilled spaces within the box, no loose space for your items to slide everywhere
- Leave an inch or two of space towards the top of the box and then fill in this extra space with more padding (newspaper, foam, bubble wrap, a towel)
- For extra protection, you can also invest in Dish Pack Dividers. Dish Pack Dividers are exactly that, dividers with multiple columns and rows to isolate your dishes to protect them more. However, please wrap your items even if you’re using a Dish Pack Divider. You can find Dish Pack Dividers online or at your local hardware store.
Furthermore, once you do move your boxes of fragile items into storage, make sure to:
- Properly mark your boxes; I suggest using a different colored permanent marker for each type of dishware (red for cups, blue for plates, yellow for bowls)
- Be sure to move boxes you do not need access to, to the back of your unit and place your boxes with fragile items towards the front. If there is not enough space, place the boxes of fragile items on top of other boxes you know you will not need access to anytime soon.
Follow the tips above to successfully store your breakables. Happy wrapping!
Like anything in life, the more prepared you are, the better. Did you know the average individual wastes over 180 hours a year on disorganization? The 180 hours is spent looking for misplaced items. When it comes to storing your items, not only does organization help you better find your items, but it saves you money as well. Here are some tips for neatly organizing your storage unit:
- Labeling – Labeling is very important. There is nothing worse than having to go through a pile of boxes, taking out everything, just to find that one tiny thing you need. Furthermore, if you label your boxes, it takes less time out of your day to find the item.
- Correctly storing your boxes – When it comes to correctly storing your boxes, you should always place larger boxes on the bottom and smaller boxes on top. Make use of your storage space and neatly organize your boxes.
- Prioritize your storage unit – If you know you are not going to need those Christmas decorations for another year, place the box labeled “Christmas Decorations” towards the back or perhaps under all of the other boxes. Place more important necessary items in front or on top of the other boxes, that way you have easier access to them and once again, don’t need to spend countless hours searching through boxes
Lastly, making sure you choose the right unit size is important. Mountain Storage has several options and you can reserve your unit online! Check out our handy storage estimator or use our storage calculator to determine which size unit best fits your needs! http://mountainstorage.com/how_much_storage.html
It’s springtime once again and you know what that means? It’s time to clear out the remainders of your holiday decorations, dust off the antiques and clean out those odds and ends. How about getting rid of all your unwanted items with a garage sale? But wait, that means finding a place for all the junk that’s been collecting in your garage since you’ve been there… but don’t fret! With a wide variety of storage sizing options and affordable pricing, Mountain Storage is your number one self storage option! Visit us at Mountain Storage and check us out!
Beauty is a valued quality in our society, so much so that beauty is stressed and emphasized in everything, including the self storage industry. Long gone are the days of entering a dusty, enthusiastically air- conditioned building; Today, self storage facilities are sleek and modern, meeting the demands of the always trendy consumer. Additionally, so much of business is now conducted through the internet that customers can form an opinion of your business based off its web page design, which is where aesthetics come into play. It is so important to have a well designed website, visually and navigation wise. You want your customer to be entranced by the design of the website, but also still be able to navigate your website with ease. The unique combination of a visually appealing but easy to access website is what will draw your customer in, pique their curiosity and perhaps spur a visit to your self storage facilities. Remember that even though performance is what counts in the long run, presentation is always imperative.
The last thing anyone is thinking about on a daily basis is “wow, where can I find a great self storage facility?”, however once you’re moving, it seems to be all you really do think about, in between trying to get free cardboard boxes from your local grocer. When the time comes to choose a self storage facility, look no further than Mountain Storage. Located in beautiful Crestline, California, Mountain Storage is an affordable and convenient self storage facility with a wide range of pricing and sizing options for your storage needs. Whether you are storing only a few boxes or your grandmother’s precious chaise lounge, we have over 400 units for you to choose from. And there’s no need to worry about anyone stealing your precious belongings in the middle of the night, because the Mountain Storage facilities are fenced in, lit and has a manager on-site. Top of the line video surveillance and door alarms on each unit provide excellent security, to give you peace of mind. In addition, we provide you with your own gate code to enter our facilities and to access your own unit. Furthermore, Mountain Storage makes payment easy by offering the option of paying online. For new customers, you can also rent and reserve a storage unit online. For existing customers, you can view your account history and payment history from the comfort of your own home, with just a few mouse clicks! Convenient, affordable and safe, Mountain Storage fulfills your every need!