Moving can be hard work so you want to make sure to stock up on healthy snacks and stay hydrated. Especially during the summer when the heat can get to unbearable temperatures, you want to make sure that when you’re doing heavy lifting that you keep your body cool and nourished. Whether you are moving in and out of your self storage unit, or moving in and out of a truck, these tips will help keep you strong through the job.
1. Keep water accessible to hydrate — If you are moving into or out of your self storage unit, make sure to have water bottles in a cooler in the car. Don’t forget to drink your water often between trips of moving your items from the car or to the car, especially on a hot summer’s day. If you are moving items between your new home from your old home, make sure to have water bottles at both your new home and old home so they are accessible. This is one of the most forgotten items when arriving at the new home: handy water bottles for when you are unpacking your truck for the first time. Having a case handy will keep you and your family hydrated when unpacking the truck.
2. Drink sports drinks with electrolytes, avoid sodas!— In the times when you are doing extraneous heavy lifting, whether it is moving large appliances in and out of your self storage unit or into and out of your moving truck, you want to have your sports drinks handy to replenish after breaking out in sweat. The electrolytes found in sports drinks such as Gatorade and Powerade can help the body endure heavy lifting and long hours of moving items in and out of your home or self storage unit. Avoid Sodas at all costs during moving because soda dehydrates the body and it will give you a sugar crash. Stick to water and the sports drinks during heavy moving days.
3. Re-energize with healthy snacks—Moving is extremely stressful and sometimes we forget to eat during stressful times. It’s important to energize your body during a move, especially when lifting heavy boxes or moving large appliances. Take constant breaks to reenergize with healthy snacks, such as nuts and energy bars. Readily accessible pre-packaged healthy snacks such as nut packages and energy bars are perfect for quick snacking, especially when you are on the go such as driving in the moving truck.
4. Healthy meals on-the-go to keep your energy flowing —Don’t forget to eat your meals! Snacking is great to hold you over but it’s essential to eat healthy meals to keep your body in top-performance shape for all the packing and lifting that moving requires. Avoid fast-food restaurants that have little-nutrition meals and instead opt for pre-packaged salads with chicken in them or sandwiches from the local deli. Whole foods such as whole grains and white-meats will help keep you nourished and won’t give you the carbohydrate crashes that fast foods give. You can always purchase sandwiches from a deli the day before or on the morning of the move and keep the sandwiches in a cooler when moving. That way, you can eat during a break when unpacking your items into a self storage unit or your new home.
5. Fresh juices for added nourishment to keep you moving—Juices are a healthy option to gain nutrients and keep your blood sugar up when having a long day moving. Fresh juices have the vitamins and fiber to keep you going throughout the day. Moving days are long and hard and you want to make sure you are staying fit and healthy throughout it, or else your body will be overworked and you run the risk of getting sick. Fresh orange juice will keep your immune system strong. Local juice shops can provide you with all the fresh juices you need on moving day.
Moving is stressful and self storage can help! Whether it is for long-term storage or short-term storage, Mountain Storage can help you find the right storage space for your needs. If you are moving from a larger home to a smaller home or apartment, you can use self storage spaces to house items that you cannot take with you such as furniture, extra beds, cabinets, or other household items. If you are between moving from one home to another and need to place your items into self storage during the in-between time, Mountain Storage is perfect for storing your items in such circumstances. Here at Mountain Storage we offer a variety of storage units in Crestline at great prices. Rent a 4×4 storage unit for $49 a month to store all your items during a move. Rent or Reserve online today or call us for more information at 1-909-338-7079.